Let’s say someone wants to give you their SQL Server database. Maybe they want you to manage it, troubleshoot it, or learn from it. So they hand you a .MDF file and .LDF file and tell you that you need SQL server 2008 R2 to open them. So you install SQL Server 2008 R2 Express (which, to your relief, is free). You open SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS), and you try to open the .MDF file. You get the following error:
Get SQL Server Express…
Top Posts & Pages
- Tips for Querying Text Columns in SSMS
- SQL Server 2008 Express How-To-Guide Videos
- Understanding SQL Server Connection Strings
- SQL Query Tutorial & Tips (Video)
- How to Learn SQL Server Online (Advice & Resources)
- How can I open an .MDF file in SQL Server? (Attach Tutorial & Troubleshooting)
- So You’ve Installed SQL Server…Now What?
- SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) Basics
- SQL Server Express for Beginners Video Series
- What is SQL Server Express?